As the only true global PLM partner with a local presence in key manufacturing countries, Tata Technologies is a proven strategic adviser for the world’s most successful automakers. For two decades, our unparalleled technological leadership, engineering and manufacturing support experience have helped major North American, European and Asian OEMs realize effective product development success.
Our professionals work at delivery centers on three continents or onsite to help OEMs mitigate risk and benefit the people who will drive their cars. We have helped clients produce passenger cars and motorcycles, light and heavy trucks and special purpose vehicles for emergency and military use.
Tata Technologies’ PLM partners include:
With today’s leading automotive companies challenged by skills and resource shortages, technological change and a need to source globally, it’s critical that OEMS find a strategic partner with:
- Extensive domain experience and demonstrated success in meeting unique OEM business requirements
- Integrated global services model offering OEMs the right skills and effective workflow at competitive costs
- Experienced offshore resources and infrastructure with global reach and local execution
- Resource adaptability, with proven scale-up ability from global resources
- Innovative business processes, based on extensive relationships with customers, partners and supply chains
Tata Technologies PLM for automotive:
- Executive briefings
- Process and technology optimization
- Supply chain integration and supplemental staffing
- PLM needs analysis, as-is study and PLM strategy planning
- PLM third party software installation, customization, training and implementation support
- Engineering process analysis.
- Customized PLM solution development
- PLM interface with ERP, CAD/CAM and legacy systems
- Software development – onsite and offsite
- System integration testing
Tata Technologies teams with OEMs during every phase of vehicle development to improve product quality and time-to-market. Better benefits with the Tata Technologies approach include:
- Assistance at ALL phases from initial design and development to final production
- Thought leadership and the latest PLM best practices and technology
- Two decades of automotive engineering and design experience
- Blended offshore and onshore services
- HR Shared Services to handle short- or long-term projects
- A fresh perspective that enables problem solving and product innovation
Beginning with each company’s market requirements and emerging design trends, our VPD Group leverages Tata Technologies’ global delivery system to achieve better performance and better functionality at quicker time-to-market. Our complete vehicle integration solutions include:
- Design from concept through launch
- Vehicle architecture, which brings engineering solutions to you before challenges become problems
- Advanced Engineering, led by a core team with extensive product development experience at major North American and European OEMs
- CAE, leveraging our unparalleled digital experience to optimize vehicle development
- Body structures
- Digital manufacturing
- PLM and IT, utilizing multiple integrated tools to deliver seamless comprehensive solutions
Tata Technologies leverages the best design tools available to the automotive industry. These tools include commercially available applications and internally developed software applications.
i GET IT®
Knowledge management application used by over 100,000 engineers and many of the world’s leading automotive companies including GM, Ford, and Tata Motors.
Learn more about i GET IT
i CHECK IT
Comprehensive digital data and engineering standards quality check application to assure consistency and highest data quality. Used by over 10,000 engineers.
Learn more about i CHECK IT
4D Consulting Process
Internally developed and time tested with hundreds of clients, the 4D consulting process consists of Discovery, Definition, Development, and Deployment.
Discover more about the 4D Consulting Process
Dassault Systèmes applications
Tata Technologies leverages the entire suite of Dassault Systèmes world-renowned software applications that are also used by major automotive companies. Product portfolio includes DELMIA, ENOVIA and CATIA.
Learn more about Dassault Systèmes
MSC Software applications
Tata Technologies leverages the entire suite of MSC world-renowned software applications used by major automotive companies for analysis and simulation.
Learn more about MSC Software
High-powered software applications used by major automotives companies. Product portfolio includes, Technomatix, Teamcenter, NX, Solid Edge.
Learn more about Siemens
Since 1995, Tata Technologies has dramatically reduced design and manufacture times with our Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) solutions. We leverage 2 custom-developed KBE software applications, KNEXT and VENUS, to design systems for storing and organizing product knowledge. KBE systems enable businesses to automate more processes and reuse design information. Our KBE services include:
- Analysis of product development processes.
- Installation, customization, and configuration KBE applications KNEXT and VENUS.
- Implementation of KBE applications that accept the img class="blockIMG" of data in various formats, including CAD data, spreadsheets, databases, and legacy programs.
- Product data entry into the KBE system.
- Demonstration of how to access and reuse data.
- User training to demonstrate rule writing and generative model design.
- 24/7 support from our global HelpDesk.
Tata Technologies specializes in implementing off-the-shelf and tailored product data management (PDM) systems that ensure all stakeholders in the product development value-chain are working with the most accurate and up-to-date data, supported by efficient, user-friendly process automation tools.
We offer installation, customization, training, and support for PDM products from industry-leading PDM software partners, ENOVIA and Siemens PLM. Our PDM solutions include:
- Installation, configuration and deployment of top-shelf PDM software products including SmarTeam, ENOVIA, MatrixOne and Teamcenter
- Electronic vaults to control configuration, revisions and security
- Multi-disciplinary product documentation and bills of materials
- Tata Technologies-designed data models for “quick-start” PDM initiatives
- Seamless integration with all leading CAD systems
- Process automation via customized PDM system functions
- Data migration strategies and services
- Multi-site architectures and deployment
- Comprehensive supply-chain integration solutions and support
- Integration with ERP and legacy systems
PLM at a Glance
- Data Validation
- Software Development
- 4D Process Consulting