The drive to be better and better leads to better and better driving
The automotive industry is increasingly under pressure to improve its performance in terms of manufacturing costs, cycle times, quality and operating efficiency – just to name a few. Globalization has created new demands for worldwide operations, which can be scaled up or down, or to suit market demands. 'Engineered to Order' is increasingly the norm, while on the other hand, costs are under heavy pressure.
Forward-thinking manufacturers are recognizing the need to interface manufacturing technologies with business layers to provide real time measurable data, and to increase interoperability between manufacturing, PLM, ERP, and CRM in order to improve automotive products for global customers.
|Tata Technologies manufacturing automotive solutions:
- Automation through drives, (electric, pneumatic, hydraulic,) programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Protecting and enhancing investments in capital equipment with technology upgrades
- Real time data connectivity from shop floor control systems to ERP systems, in a vendor agnostic architecture
- Tracking a product through its manufacturing cycle in real time
- A single integrated solution for activities from production scheduling to dispatch, inventory and quality to supply chain
- Improvement of existing processes, such as machining time, man/machine balancing.
- Throughput improvement.
- Deploying manufacturing execution systems (MES) across the automotive topography, including supply chain
- Creating standards for controls
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions with Proficy, from GE Fanuc
- PLC and SCADA solutions with Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, GE Fanuc, Schneider, Phoenix, and Omron
- Microsoft platforms with .Net and SQL Server
- Robotic programming with KUKA, ABB, Fanuc, and Nachi
- Teamcenter management
Digital Manufacturing is truly the wave of the future – it takes place in a realistic 3D environment where manufacturing plans can be pre-validated in 3D to avoid unexpected problems on the shop floor; where concurrent engineering, design, and manufacturing validation occurs before committing to physical prototypes; where 3D simulation-based validation early in the process eliminates redundant business systems.
Tata Technologies works with automotive manufacturers to integrate and simulate the complete manufacturing and assembly of their products in the PLM process. Working in partnership with leading Digital Manufacturing application vendors DELMIA and Siemens PLM, we help our clients realize the potential of this revolutionary PLM technology to accelerate time-to-market, innovate production processes, and reduce overall production costs.
And it gets even better: We provide low-cost high-performance Digital Manufacturing Simulation services from our unique India-based delivery center
Find out how we can help you implement the latest Digital Manufacturing software to :
- Develop Process Plans integrated with your Bills of Materials
- Design full 3D Plant Layouts
- Simulate Factory and Material flow
- Simulate human operations
- Simulate robot operations
- Use simulation results to drive design changes earlier in the product development process
The Tata Technologies Manufacturing Automation and Control Systems group (MACS) creates innovative and customized solutions to enable cost-effective, world-class manufacturing:
- The key concepts used are manufacturing execution systems (MES), modular automation, programmable logic controllers (PLC), data acquisition systems, mobile computing, and Web-based visibility solutions
- MACS solutions incorporate industry-best hardware and software products
- We build modularity into our solutions structure, taking into account various approaches for manufacturing competitiveness
- MACS enables interdepartmental collaboration through process innovation, communications, and information flow