Getting started with any PLM project is really all about laying the right foundation. It’s all about the groundwork. Taking into consideration all of the comprehensive project and technical requirements. Zeroing in on who is doing what when. Focusing on exactly what needs to happen and in what order.
Tata Technologies has been doing this for two decades and along the way, our pioneering thinkers developed the 4D Process Consulting model to help businesses intelligently incorporate PLM into their operations.
During 4D Process Consulting, our experts work closely with companies to discover their needs and create tailored PLM solutions. And after the PLM systems have been implemented, we provide all the necessary training and support to ensure that new tools and processes are adopted effectively for the long term.
|4D Process Consulting consists of four distinct phases. Some key characteristics are:
- Examination of the unique challenges for each customer and creating PLM solutions on a case-by-case basis
- Careful analysis of your company’s processes and working with you every step of the way until the customized PLM solution is in place. This analysis defines which technology and process changes will be integrated into the new PLM system
- Wide-ranging knowledge management and training services to PLM end users and engineers including thorough knowledge transfer – ensuring swift adaptation to changes
- 24/7 support via i SUPPORT IT and our global HelpDesk
The 4D process as outlined by our PLM thought pioneers:
Step 1: Discovery
Project leaders observe existing processes to establish an organization’s challenges and opportunities. The analysis identifies key technical, process, organizational, or change initiatives required.
Step 2: Definition
Priorities are established and detailed solution specifications are defined. Clear expectations are set regarding project deliverables, expected benefits, scope, cost, and timing of development plans. Thorough planning avoids scope creep and unrealistic expectations.
Step 3: Development
The development phase emphasizes a thorough approach – from process maps and detailed methodologies to software automation solutions and change management strategies. Implementation and change initiatives are sub-divided into manageable short-term projects, designed to deliver measurable benefits on a continuing basis.
Step 4: Deployment
For the deployment phase, experienced change management and project management professionals deploy PLM solutions. Key to the Tata Technologies approach are these features:
- Classroom training with knowledge lifecycle management (KLM) specialists
- On-site support from design engineers and PLM systems specialists
- 24/7 access to our global HelpDesk
- Post-deployment measurement and comparison to predicted benefits
- Prescriptive refinements
- 4D Process Consulting emphasizes being able to measure return on investment when implementing PLM systems.
- This type of detailed analysis of a company’s processes and technology exposes any challenges and opportunities to be addressed in the PLM solution.
- Prioritization of the unique business requirements in order to create customized PLM solutions.
- 4D Process Consulting avoids scope creep and unrealistic expectations through thorough planning during the definition phase.
- 4D Process Consulting provides training and support for PLM system users. This ensures that businesses utilize PLM systems effectively in the long term.