|Better data management means better integration. Tata Technologies specializes in implementing off-the-shelf and tailored product data management (PDM) systems that ensure all stakeholders in the product development value-chain are working with the most accurate and up-to-date data, supported by efficient, user-friendly process automation tools.
We offer installation, customization, training, and support for PDM products from industry-leading PDM software partners, ENOVIA and Siemens PLM.Our PDM solutions include:
- Installation, configuration and deployment of top-shelf PDM software products including SmarTeam, ENOVIA, MatrixOne and Teamcenter
- Electronic vaults to control configuration, revisions and security
- Multi-disciplinary product documentation and bills of materials
- Tata Technologies-designed data models for “quick-start” PDM initiatives
- Seamless integration with all leading CAD systems
- Process automation via customized PDM system functions
- Data migration strategies and services
- Multi-site architectures and deployment
- Comprehensive supply-chain integration solutions and support
- Integration with ERP and legacy systems
Tata Technologies has been integrating key PLM elements for two decades for many of the top tier OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers to the automotive and aerospace industries. We bring top-level subject matter experts from a broad swath of the PLM landscape together to integrate the elements of change you need to take your business to the next level
Leading with Processes: Optimized, best-in-class processes covering engineering and design, PLM, and ERP
Empowering People: Organizational alignment and delivery excellence from executive sponsors and stakeholders, to project and team management and technical resources
Managing Data: Current product data and legacy application data available to everyone, all the time
Leveraging Technology: Featuring off-the-shelf PLM applications from vendors such as Dassault Systèmes, Siemens, MSC Software, Autodesk and others, as well as Tata Technologies software i CHECK IT and i GET IT®, and seamless integration with enterprise IT solutions
Rightsizing Infrastructure: Data, application and web servers, clients, connectivity and security to support cost-effective operation of you PLM system
Tata Technologies has been providing a PLM implementation backbone for companies and their extended enterprises for nearly two decades. Tata Technologies takes your PLM issues and puts them into action with a multi-dimensional implementation plan that brings value to the entire PLM value chain.
The Tata Technologies approach to PLM implementation includes:
When we commit to implementing a PLM system, we don’t mean install and invoice. The Tata Technologies PLM services team is there to support you every step of the way, from analyzing your current systems and processes, to recommending organizational changes, all the way to sustainable, error-free operation of the upgraded PLM system.
- Process optimization
- Technology roadmap creation and implementation management
- PLM implementation services
- Change management
- Knowledge management services
- Custom software development
- Ongoing support
Are design errors compromising the quality of your products? Are you facing standards compliance issues with supplier data?
Companies today are faced with a host of issues that affect data quality:
Tata Technologies improves PLM data quality with our powerful data validation software i CHECK IT. i CHECK IT saves time and money during the design and manufacturing phases of PLM by catching errors early in the design process. Getting it right the first time cuts down on costly engineering change orders and major rework later in the product development cycle.
- Globally dispersed business units and outsourcing
- Continual organizational change
- Ongoing changes to design standards
- Engineering change orders and rework late in the design cycle
i CHECK IT monitors CAD files in CATIA and Autodesk Inventor, identifying errors and recommending corrective actions. i CHECK IT reduces costs, improves workflow, increases efficiency, better integrates your supply chain, and enhances quality.
Visit i CHECK IT for purchase information and additional product details.
Tata Technologies clients benefit from our custom software development services. Our expert developers leverage industry-best application development and database integration experience to create software solutions for individual business needs.
Our broad range of development services includes introducing new software into existing infrastructures, or integrating out-of-the-box and custom software with legacy systems. Tata Technologies significantly reduces development costs and risks through world-class consultation and management services, from business process analysis to software testing.
Leveraging Tata Technologies’ global delivery centers in Europe, North America and India, we provide cost-effective application development services to our global client base. Our CMMi Level 5 certified development and project management processes ensure the highest level of quality, and our global delivery model combines the best of offshore application development in India and local industry and technology expertise in North America and Europe.
We provide PLM application development services across the full technology landscape, including:
Our fully scalable development services can accommodate projects from a few man-days to multiple man-years.
- CAD application development (CATIA, UG-NX, Inventor)
- PDM customization and extension (ENOVIA, Teamcenter, Windchill)
- Custom database development (Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
- Web-based application development (J2EE, XML)
- ERP and legacy systems integration
Since 1995, Tata Technologies has dramatically reduced design and manufacture times with our Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) solutions. We leverage 2 custom-developed KBE software applications, KNEXT and VENUS, to design systems for storing and organizing product knowledge. KBE systems enable businesses to automate more processes and reuse design information. Our KBE services include:
- Analysis of product development processes.
- Installation, customization, and configuration KBE applications KNEXT and VENUS.
- Implementation of KBE applications that accept the img class="blockIMG" of data in various formats, including CAD data, spreadsheets, databases, and legacy programs.
- Product data entry into the KBE system.
- Demonstration of how to access and reuse data.
- User training to demonstrate rule writing and generative model design.
- 24/7 support from our global HelpDesk.
Tata Technologies leverages more than a decade of consulting expertise with our 4D Process Consulting service to help businesses intelligently incorporate PLM into their operations. Our proven 4D methodology consists of:
Step 1: Discovery Project leaders conduct careful analysis to identify key technical, process, organizational, or change initiatives required.
Step 2: Definition Project leaders establish priorities and define detailed PLM solutions specifications.
Step 3: Development Consultants utilize a thorough approach to develop solutions – from process maps and detailed methodologies to software automation solutions and change management strategies.
Step 4: Deployment Experienced change and project management professionals implement customized PLM solutions.
For more information about 4D Process Consulting, Click here.
For companies requiring world-class improvements in program timing, process development, knowledge capture, go-to-market innovations, design distinction, product quality and cost savings – Tata Technologies takes the better approach:
- Construction of a global team that includes a full time onsite liaison team
- Partnership with Dassault Systèmes for V6 CATIA/ENOVIA solutions
- Engagement of third party vendors in styling, benchmarking and manufacturing
- Increased quality and deliverables according to milestone definitions in accelerated timeframes
- A development community united via a dedicated knowledge based engineering department
- Complete single source program management
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Product Engineering