Automating Technical Communications with Cortona3D
Cortona3D software solutions are the market leader in the automated production of technical communications. The Rapid product family streamlines the authoring of technical documentation as aftermarket parts, service, support and training materials are produced from existing CAD in one third of the time at as little as 12.5% of cost.
The inclusion of interactive 3D content such as simulations of procedures and exploded views of parts in operations/maintenance manuals, spare parts lists, and eLearning applications improves the quality and the usability of these deliverables which in turn increases service revenues and workforce productivity whilst reducing errors.
"We selected TATA Technologies as a strategic partner because the company, with its deep experience in the manufacturing industry, is in a trusted position to provide support to our corporate clients... With TATA Technologies deep understanding of PLM they will be able to quickly deploy the Cortona3D tools to enable customers to drive down cost of production and enrich the end user experience... ” Matthew Booth, VP Global Sales, Cortona3D
|Powerful, Interactive, Technical Communications for Product Maintenance and Training
Quality product documentation is vital to your organization’s success and critical for your customers, suppliers, distributors and employees. However, traditional product documentation methods are error prone, costly and slow.
Cortona3D feeds design data from CAD, PDM and ERP into powerful 3D authoring tools that automate the production of technical communications such as user manuals. The intuitive interface enables users with no 3D expertise to create compelling simulations and associated text simultaneously, dramatically reducing effort and timelines. Users in the field can then feedback data, about parts or assemblies, into a central repository, for analysis and troubleshooting.
Cortona3D offers a powerful server-based solution with a 3D repository that manages the entire process of reusing existing 3D source data (CAD) to create, update and publish 3D interactive content including visualizations and simulations for product maintenance and training. In addition, users in the field can tag and feedback structured data related to the operation/maintenance of a specific part of equipment for analysis.
Cortona3D Rapid products are modular, so that you purchase only the specific element(s) you need. These tools enable organizations to author lightweight, interactive 3D content for more effective maintenance and operations manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, interactive training simulations, and other product support material
- Get maintenance and training information to market up to 70% faster
- Increase product and services revenue and differentiate your product
- Cut development costs of documentation and training across the product lifecycle
- Eliminate costly and inaccurate translation
- Enable feedback from users
- Increase productivity and workforce efficiency
- Reduce costs by reusing content across functional areas
3D Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Operating Procedures and Assembly Work Instructions
Communicating complex procedures to a global market using traditional methods is laborious, costly and error prone.
Cortona3D RapidManual is the first out-of-the-box toolkit that automates the fast and easy production of 3D Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) / Operating Procedures / Assembly Work (Installation) Instructions. RapidManual uses animated 3D simulations to clearly communicate complex mechanical procedures. 3D manuals expand know-how, minimizing translation issues and improving information retention.
- Concurrent product and documentation development speeds time to market
- Improved manuals increase revenue opportunities and customer loyalty
- Re-using existing resources cuts costs massively
- Attach existing S1000D documentation to auto. gen. your animations
- A 2D CGM image of your 3D view can be generated if required
- Share outputs and re-use content in downstream processes
- Achieve compliance and aid safe usage
- Easily add audio to your animation
Improve Training with Interactive 3D Learning
Research has proven time and again that interactive 3D learning improves comprehension, retention and on-the-job performance and costs less than product mock-ups, physical simulations, and other active learning approaches.
Cortona3D RapidLearning is the first out-of-the-box learning toolkit for producing digital interactive training applications using animated 3D simulations. It combines existing CAD assets with training documentation to generate visually realistic, interactive learning. RapidLearning guides trainers through the production process, prompting them to illustrate each step of the training scenario with a corresponding 3D animation and build a complete RapidLearning simulation.
- Optimize return on investment (ROI) for training
- Cut training program development and distribution costs
- Accelerate training timelines
- Lower localization costs
- Increase effectiveness of learning
- Attach existing S1000D doc. to auto. gen. your animations
- Generate a 2D CGM image of your 3D view
- Improve safety
- Train in the field
- LMS and SCORM compliance
- Add audio to your animation easily
Interactive 3D Parts Catalogs, Electronic Spare Parts Catalogs, Online Parts Catalogs
A laborious spare parts catalog development process that is error prone and does not enable the user to easily identify the relevant part and associated data can result in escalating sales support costs and loss of revenue to aftermarket competition.
Cortona3D RapidCatalog is the first out-of-the-box toolkit for the fast and easy production of 3D Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPC) / Electronic Parts Catalogs (EPC) / Online Interactive Parts Catalogues. RapidCatalog uses 3D ‘explosions’ to communicate complex assemblies that everyone can understand. Its interactive environment with drill down navigation improves the user experience and puts an end to ordering and purchasing errors, inefficiency and lack of productivity.
- Increase aftermarket revenue and customer loyalty
- Cut parts catalog production and maintenance costs
- Minimize customer errors and product returns
- Generate 2D images of your 3D explosions
- Attach existing CGM images to your parts catalog
- Minimize support costs as users can self-serve
- Increase competitive advantage on ‘total product’
- Lower order processing costs
- Improve productivity